Calm & Balmy 100ml – Dog Calming Spray
This dog calming spray is a fast-acting natural solution that relieves stress and anxiety in pets. It is handmade in Ireland by Holistic Hound from organic, human-grade ingredients including lavender, Valerian, Hops and Passionflower.
- Suitable for dogs, cats, rabbits, horses and hedgehogs.
- Naturally addresses stress and anxiety.
- Soothes, calms and relaxes.
- Diminishes hyperactivity.
- Gentle, yet effective.
When should you use Calm and Balmy?
- Thunder, lightning and stormy weather
- Separation anxiety
- During firework season
- Groomers visits
- Vet visits
- Change of circumstances, like moving home
- Joining a new home, particularly for rescue dogs
- Kennel stays
- A new pet or baby is joining the home
This dog calming spray is ideal to be used intermittently and/or for shorter-term use in stressful situations. For dogs who suffer from a generally nervous disposition, Calm Canine or CBD Oil may be better options to use over a longer period.
Application for the Calming Spray for Dogs:
Administer as required, up to 3 times a day.
- Mild anxiety – Spray in the area of the dog or onto their bedding.
- Moderate anxiety – Spray onto your hands and apply to the neck area.
- Severe anxiety – Spray onto your hands and offer your dog to lick it. Spray into dog’s mouth, food or water.
NOTE: Do not use prior to anaesthesia.
Lavender works as an anxiety reliever and a sedative. It interacts with the neurotransmitter GABA to help soothe, quiet and ease the nervous system. It reduces agitation, anger, restlessness and aggression.
Valerian inhibits the breakdown of GABA in the brain resulting in feelings of tranquillity and calmness. It contains hesperidin and linarin, which have a sedative action. It helps excessive activity in the fear centre of the brain and reduces strong stress reactions.
Hops contain flavonoids which have potent anti-inflammatory and antioxidant properties. It promotes relaxation and is very effective when used with valerian.
Oat seed helps the nervous system recover after exposure to stress, it inhibits the enzyme PDE4 which results in reduced stress and anxiety,
Passionflower Boosts the level of GABA in the brain which in turn lowers the brain activity making your dog more relaxed, calmer and able to sleep better.