Nosework Training & Snuffle Mat
Scientists believe that dogs’ sense of smell is over 10,000 times better than ours! Sniffing releases dopamine in their brains, is self-soothing, and can even lower anxiety. Your dog’s nose and brain were made to hunt, track, burrow, sniff, and snort. The nosework training & snuffle mat is a fantastic enrichment tool for your dog – simply hide some delicious treats or kibble in the mat and allow your dog to sniff them out.
There are so many benefits for your dog when they use a nosework training & snuffle mat:
- Mental stimulation and enrichment
- Keeps away boredom
- Eases anxiety
- Encourages attentive play
- Helps to use excess energy
- Encourages slower eating habits
- A sense of reward when your dog finds a treat
- Ideal for dogs who are on restricted exercise or crate rest
- Great for dogs of all ages, puppies to elders
- Can be used for behaviour modification training
- Regular practice greatly benefits dogs lacking in confidence
- In certain situations, e.g. handling or grooming, it can be used to reduce anxiety.
- 50 X 40cm