Nail Clippers for Small Dogs
These Nail Clippers for Small Dogs by Furrish, are a handy, easy to control and accurate nail clipper, ideal for smaller sized dogs and puppies. The nail clippers are stainless steel with a rubber grip handle for your comfort.
Clipping your dog’s nails is important. Shorter nails can help by:
- Preventing your dog’s nails getting caught in carpet, furniture and other fabrics.
- Helping to prevent broken nails.
- Maintaining your dog’s correct gait and posture.
- Improving mobility and pain in older and stiff dogs.
- Giving your dog better traction on slick surfaces.
- Preventing the nails from curling or embedding in the skin or paw pads.
Tips for when trimming your dog nails:
- Wait until your dog is calm and relaxed.
- Make sure to cut away small piece of nail at a time, rather than big pieces, to avoid cutting into the quick (blood line).
- If your dog is stressed around having the nails cut, work to desensitize your dog to the clippers gradually.
- Try using a licking matt covered in some wet food or peanut butter to distract your dog while you trim.
- Check out this interesting article about nail clipping for more helpful information and tips.