Holistic Hound Liver & Immunity 500ml
Holistic Hound Liver & Immunity is a blend of cold-pressed flax seed oil and potent herbs to provide optimal support for your dog’s liver function and all-round immunity.
Your dog’s liver is under stress day in day out. Its plays a super important role in cleansing the body of toxins that your dog is exposed to. Be it from food, medications, vaccinations and treatments, or even from the household cleaners we use and chemicals used in our water.
If left unsupported, over time toxins can build up and cause the lymphatic system to become sluggish, which can affect your dog’s overall health and immune response. Because the skin is the biggest organ of the body, it is also often the first to show signs resulting in poor condition of your dog’s skin and coat.
This unique blend of herbs combined with the rich source of Omega 3 & 6 help to strengthen your dog’s detoxification processed, boosts their lymphatic function and creates a strong and resilient immune system.
The blend also contains high strength adaptogens which help build both physical and emotional resistance to stress in your dog.
Liver & Immunity is 100% natural. It contains extracts of Astragalus, Dandelion Root & Leaf, Milk Thistle, Licorice, Turmeric, Ginseng, Yarrow and Ginkgo. These herbs have been specifically chosen as they support optimal liver and lymphatic function. The cold pressed flaxseed oil helps to maintain overall good nutrition, a healthy and strong digestive system, supports mobility & circulation, aids metabolism and gives a shiny coat.
We recommend that your dog has a regular detox and liver and immunity support once a year; or after any illness or trauma, when medications or treatments are administered. This will help to keep them fighting fit and looking fabulous, inside and out.
Benefits of Holistic Hound Liver & Immunity:
- Supports healthy liver & lymphatic function
- Strengthens the detoxification process
- Helps to build a resilient immune system
- Aids circulation
- Build resistance to physical and emotional stress
- Provides nutritional & digestive support
- Milk Thistle Seed: A potent liver herb, most effective in protecting and regenerating the liver. The silymarin constituent is known for accelerating the rate of protein synthesis and stimulating production of new cells to replace damaged ones, aiding in the restoration of normal liver function. It is also a powerful antioxidant and strengthens the liver resistance to toxic impacts. It is often given pre and post surgery in many countries. Reduces inflammation. Regulates metabolism. Has neuroprotective properties so supports a healthy nervous system and brain. Is a source of calcium, magnesium, potassium, folate and vitamin A.
- Dandelion: A safe but powerful, natural diuretic; cleanser and detoxifier for the liver and kidneys. It is one of the most complete plant foods on earth, and is a rich source of Vitamin A, C, K, D and B complex; iron, manganese, phosphorous and especially rich source of potassium, a crucial heart & brain nutrient. All of these in quantities that the body can fully absorb.
- Yarrow: The flavonoids in yarrow help to stimulate digestion, appetite, and circulation. It also helps regulate and improve the function of the liver while also protecting it from toxic chemical damage. Rich in vitamins A, C, E, F and K. It also contains manganese, copper, potassium, iodine and iron.
- Licorice: An adaptogenic, immunostimulant and anti-inflammatory herb, that balances cortisol to relieve stress and support the immune system. It also has liver-protectant qualities similar to milk thistle, however licorice works by enhancing interferon and t cell production, both of which are critical to liver repair and resistance to disease.
- Astragalus: An herb with adaptogenic qualities that promotes healing, and strengthens liver, lungs, heart, kidneys and digestive tract. It has versatile immune-enhancing qualities, working to stimulate t-cell activity and boost the body’s defences through its liver strengthening attributes.
- Turmeric: A wonderful adaptogenic herb that contains curcumin which has antioxidant, anti-inflammatory, antiviral, antibacterial, antifungal, wound healing, and anticancer activities. The antioxidant and anti-inflammatory effects of turmeric help stop the liver from being damaged by toxins, and boost the immune system. Turmeric also helps to stimulate bile production, aiding the digestion. A rich source of vitamin C, calcium, iron, niacin, potassium and zinc.
- Ginseng: Ginseng is a well known immune modulator, enhancing resistance to illness. It is also a potent antioxidant, helping to protect against liver injury caused by illness & toxins. Plus, it may boost liver cell regeneration.
- Ginkgo: Ginkgo has strong anti-inflammatory and antioxidant capacities, helping to reduce oxidative stress which can be very damaging to the liver; as well as regulating the elasticity of blood vessels and improving overall circulation.
Add to food once daily. Feed 1ml per 2kg of dogs weight. Feed periodically for detox, or post injury, treatment requiring medication; include regularly for dogs with chronic illness requiring ongoing liver support.
Not suitable for pregnant/nursing dogs and puppies under the age of 12 weeks old.
Caution is recommended for use in dogs on strong medications, and we advise checking suitability with your Vet before administering as there may be herbs which have contraindications with some treatments.
Stop feeding one week prior to surgery as turmeric can thin the blood.
One 10ml dose includes:
- Flaxseed Oil 7500mg
- Astragalus 400mg
- Dandelion Root 300mg
- Dandelion Leaf 200mg
- Milk Thistle 200mg
- Licorice 300mg
- Turmeric 300mg
- Ginseng 200mg
- Yarrow 3000mg
- Ginkgo 300mg